Did you know that you are invited to a big celebration after this life? Jesus tells an eye opener story that really concerns the future and what difference today’s decision can make.
In the parable of the wedding banquet in Matthew 22:1 – 14;
1 . And Jesus answered and spake unto them again by parables, and said,
2 The kingdom of heaven is like unto a certain king, which made a marriage for his son,
3 And sent forth his servants to call them that were bidden to the wedding: and they would not come.
4 Again, he sent forth other servants, saying, Tell them which are bidden, Behold, I have prepared my dinner: my oxen and [my] fatlings [are] killed, and all things [are] ready: come unto the marriage.
5 But they made light of [it], and went their ways, one to his farm, another to his merchandise:
6 And the remnant took his servants, and entreated [them] spitefully, and slew [them].
7 But when the king heard [thereof], he was wroth: and he sent forth his armies, and destroyed those murderers, and burned up their city.
8 Then saith he to his servants, The wedding is ready, but they which were bidden were not worthy.
9 Go ye therefore into the highways, and as many as ye shall find, bid to the marriage.
10 So those servants went out into the highways, and gathered together all as many as they found, both bad and good: and the wedding was furnished with guests.
11 And when the king came in to see the guests, he saw there a man which had not on a wedding garment:
12 And he saith unto him, Friend, how camest thou in hither not having a wedding garment? And he was speechless.
13 Then said the king to the servants, Bind him hand and foot, and take him away, and cast [him] into outer darkness; there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.
14 For many are called, but few [are] chosen.
What a tragic end for that person. The king was obviously insulted. Despite the fact that the wedding feast was now open to everyone, it doesn’t mean anyone can just barge in not in the proper dress code. This guy was considered a gatecrasher. Great was his punishment – unexpected and terrible!
There’s a great multitude of people who don’t care what happens in their life as long as they enjoy it, they either don’t believe in hell or heaven or does it matter to them at all. They have “other things to do”. Living the Busy Life. And since the practice of living a “religious” life is ‘too difficult’ and ‘too serious”, it really doesn’t fit their lifestyle. They’ll have their king’s calling soon.
Its bad enough to know that some people are careless as they are godless, but there’s many people out there who also think they’re good and ready to go. Confident they’ve done a lot of good things already, they have nothing to worry about as they will definitely “go to heaven” when they die. They keep doing good things while they can. Even others say they believe in ‘god’ , they go to church ‘religiously’ 3 times a week and do godly duties – doing things for the ‘lord’. This leads them to think they are better off than others and consider themselves godly and saved. I pray that this message may open our eyes and ears to the Truth.
To enter His presence, we need to be clothed properly, we need to be right with God. God Himself desires us to be right with Him. And the way to true Salvation is not a secret.
The Holy Bible is the Word of God (yes, He can use any translation to bring you to Him, I had the NIV when I got saved, at one point, He gave me the Hebrew and Greek text translations to help me study but eventually settled me in the KJV, His true innerrant word, incorruptible forever), it is truth and it is trustworthy, in a sense gravity! – from which I summarized below the basic and fundamental points to know in getting saved and it is applicable RIGHT NOW to YOU – whoever you are, wherever you came from and however sinful (or how good-already) you think you are…
- We are God’s masterpiece creation being the only ones formed in His image. God loves us so much, He even gave us authority over all the other earth creatures created before we were. see Genesis 1:26-30.
- Adam being the first man wasn’t a robot, he had the freedom to choose as a gift from GOD. He wasn’t compelled to sin in the garden, he chose not to obey God’s instruction, so sin entered the world through him. see Romans 5:12.
- Sin separates us from God and the punishment for it is death (both earthly and eternally-in Hell) see Romans 6:23.
- Being all descendants of Adam, we are ALL guilty of this sin and deserve death. see Romans 5:12. No one is excluded, even though you do a lot of good and godly things and be spiritual and minding your own business, etc… see Romans 3:23
- God wants us back to Himself. It is His desire and will. see 1 John 3:1
- But He is pure, holy, just and righteous – no darkness or wickedness can stand in His presence. see Leviticus 11:44. also see an example of the power in the holiness of God in the passages of 1 Samuel.
- The only way to restore us and be reconciled to a pure and holy God is by an acceptable pure and unblemished sacrifice being given for us. see Romans 5:10. God taught us this concept of sacrifice as early as Adam’s time. see Genesis 4.
- So by His mercy and grace, He sent His Son from Himself (begotten) to take our place. see Romans 5:15. Being God’s only begotten Son, He is the only acceptable sacrifice – the Lamb of God. Hebrews 9:14 also 1 Peter 1:19.
- He took the form of a man and He is Jesus Christ. Hebrews 2:14 – 18. He taught us the mind of the Father while He lived on earth (study the gospels in Matthew to John and the testimonies in the New Testament scriptures). He is God’s example for us of an obedient child. When it was time for Him to do His Father’s purpose, He went through suffering, shedding His blood and ultimately died on the cross for us.
- He died in order that the Will and testament of God can be put into effect. As it is that any Will and Testament can only take effect when the person dies. see whole of Hebrews 9.Willingly, Jesus our Savior did all this and shed His blood to reconcile us to the Father. see Romans 5:19 and 2 Corinthians 5:18.
- The next move is to humble ourselves and accept that we have sinned. With God’s grace and discipline, having heard His calling, we are able to see our own wickedness and faults, our hearts, filled with true sorrow for the self-centered life we lived and the desire to depart from that path of evil and turn to God. The Lord led you here for a reason, its time to turn to Him. see Peter 3:9 ~ “The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance”.
- Finally, be sprinkled with the blood of Jesus Christ (to cover, smear, put a mark on the defiled objects that need to be purified) and be made holy to God. Since we are defiled by our sin, we need cleansing. This explains why the shed blood of Jesus Christ is necessary. We need it so as to make us holy to enter His presence. see Hebrews 9 again.
We can be clothed and confident to enter God’s presence (Isaiah 61:10). To be able to enter His Kingdom, and not to be kicked out into the darkness. Let’s not remain ignorant! – Its not about doing or feeling good, its about being truly saved. The gift of Eternal Life is waiting for you.
Romans 10:9 – 10
9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.
If you can pray this simple prayer, and sincerely:
- Lord Father, Great and awesome God.
- Thank you for calling me today.
- Save me by your name and hear my prayer.
- I confess my sin and I detest it and I turn away from it.
- See my heart’s desire and Forgive me Oh Lord .
- I thankfully receive Jesus Christ your Son as my Savior and Lord
- who died on the cross for me and shed His blood to cleanse my sin.
- Work in me dear God and use me for your purposes from this day on.
- In Jesus Christ’s name I pray, Amen.
The grace of God is on you for we serve a risen Savior! On the third day after His death on the cross, Jesus rose from the grave. This is the power of His promise for you, a life everlasting with the Father! What a wonderful God! Praise Him!
John 5:24 says:
Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.
Understand that this is the first step. Having accepted Jesus Christ, you have been saved by the ‘washing of restoration’ (which is by His shed blood – you are now reconciled to the Father) but that’s not all – also by the renewing by the Holy Spirit, changes will happen in your life, the Holy Spirit does it, work with Him.
Titus 3:5 says:
Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;
Being restored to God and also renewed by the Holy Spirit, we are able to do all things. This includes being changed in our ways, our responses and our mindset in this “perfecting” work that God brings about in our lives. I pray that you will grow in faith and avoid becoming stubborn or hard-hearted along the way. as Hebrews 3:7 – 8 says:
7 Wherefore (as the Holy Ghost saith, To day if ye will hear his voice,
8 Harden not your hearts, as in the provocation, in the day of temptation in the wilderness:
The next step is to bear fruit in your walk.
- Share to others what God just did or is doing right now in your life.
- Read the Holy Bible (KJV) and fill yourself with the food of the Spirit – His Word, the life of Jesus Christ and what He taught. All the Bible talks about Jesus Christ and how God loves us, and wants whats good for us. He has an inheritance prepared for us (see 1 Peter 1:4) unless we allow the enemy to trick us and miss it (see Colossians 2).
- Grow deeper your roots in God’s word. see the parable of the sower passages on Mark 4. Follow God’s commands as He reveals it to you. Ask and He will show you.
- Avoid the worldly things that choke the message of God and put all things full surrender to Him. see the “My 3 enemies” message.
- Distractions, discouragements and temptations are sure to be in the way of perfection for the children of God (who follows his words), but remain in Him and flee from evil: avoid your usual hang-outs, don’t listen to your worldly friends or strangers, avoid the worldly things you used to love, they are a trap and a stumbling block to your growth, instead go closer to God, He is faithful and will carry you through and will rescue you in times of difficulties. Putting your trust in man (that includes yourself) is useless. A lot of true Christians know this and we advise you to endure and overcome in the name of Jesus Christ.
- Learn how to sing Psalm 23 in your heart to flee from trouble.
You are now living the life that belongs to God, treat it how God wants you to treat it.
God bless your heart with this message as it did mine.
The Peace of God be with you.