True Peace revealed: read Philippians 4:3-13~
3 And I intreat thee also, true yokefellow, help those women which laboured with me in the gospel, with Clement also, and with other my fellowlabourers, whose names are in the book of life.
4 Rejoice in the Lord alway: and again I say, Rejoice.
5 Let your moderation be known unto all men. The Lord is at hand.
6 Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.
7 And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.
8 Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.
9 Those things, which ye have both learned, and received, and heard, and seen in me, do: and the God of peace shall be with you.
10 But I rejoiced in the Lord greatly, that now at the last your care of me hath flourished again; wherein ye were also careful, but ye lacked opportunity.
11 Not that I speak in respect of want: for I have learned, in whatsoever state I am, therewith to be content.
12 I know both how to be abased, and I know how to abound: every where and in all things I am instructed both to be full and to be hungry, both to abound and to suffer need.
13 I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.
Life notes: The Secret to true Peace…
- Rejoice if your name is in the book of Life! (am I there?)
- Dont be ashamed of living life in moderation
- Dont worry about anything
- Take all your requests to the Lord in prayer and supplication with thanksgiving
- God’s promise: The peace of God shall keep your hearts and mind through Jesus Christ
- Think on these things: whatsoever are: true, honest, just, pure, lovely, of good report; any virtue, any praise
- Do things that you learned, and received, and heard, and seen in God’s people
- God’s promise: The God of peace shall be with you.
- Learning to be content in whatever state you may be in, knowing how to be on either seasons of life.
- Make this your motto: “I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.”